Friday, July 27, 2012

Unutterable

New post. New life.


I'm nearly finished.
I'm unbelievably excited.
I took all my Future-fear and stuffed it in a box on my shelf. I'll combat it when I have to.
I feel like I'm being suffocated by being able to really breathe for the first time in ages.
Contradiction? no?
I'm busy with my year long creative project and as per usual I've punished myself by           overextending myself, unbelievably so. 
But I'll never stop pushing myself. 
Never. 
I want to know everything 
and do everything
and feel everything. 

I'm making my first personal book. 

It is titled Unutterable.


unutterable |ˌənˈətərəbəl|

adjective
Too great, intense, or awful to describe. 
It is a compilation of all the horrible things I think, which are many. You know with me being a self-hating misanthropic bitch and all.
(that was a joke)


However, don't we all do it? Those in-the-moment horrible little things That instinctively pop to mind about other people or ourselves.Yes we all do and if you answered no...Well, then you're a liar.


I wrote hundreds, hundreds bordering on thousands of them. It was the most cathartic thing I have ever done.
I spilt my
on the page.





Now that I've written them and put them into some sort of layout...it is time to get carving.
Yes, I just said carving. Each page is going to be an individual Lino-cut.Then individually printed. Then bound into a book.So I have 50 transfers and then carvings to do.  No, not just carving out the letters.I'm carving out the negative space around the letters.
This is going to be a long road. I have until the 15th of October to have my book and installation done and dusted. Not to mention all the other wonderful things I have to do in between.

Thank goodness a wealth of time recently opened itself up.
Here are some pictures I like, to make this post non-word-nerd-friendly.





Kisses and shit!










No comments:

Post a Comment